PRP Treatment for Hair Loss
PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) Treatment is a great option for men and women who are experiencing hair loss. It is a non-surgical therapeutic option for patients who require stimulation of hair growth for hair loss conditions.
PRP Treatment involves 3-step process where a persons blood is drawn, processed, and then injected into the hair scalp to increases blood supply that further triggers natural hair growth.
PRP Treatment Process
Blood is drawn from the body part- generally from the arm and put into a centrifuge.
After 10 minutes of keeping blood in the centrifuge, blood is separated into 3 layers namely platelet-poor plasma, platelet-rich plasma and red blood cells.
At last, platelet-rich plasma is drawn up into a syringe and then it is injected into the areas of hair scalp that requires hair.
Pre and post-treatment guidelines for Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy for hair
- Avoid taking vitamins and other blood thinners at least a week before the treatment.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol at least 3 days before the treatment.
- Dont apply any hair products on your hair prior to PRP treatment.
- Wash your hair before the PRP treatment session.
- Start drinking more water before the procedure.
- Shampoo your hair after PRP therapy.
- Avoid certain types of medications, especially anti-inflammatory ones as it prevent inflammation which is essential for the platelets to stimulate hair growth.
- Wear a hat post the therapy session to avoid direct sunlight.
NOTE: PRP hair therapy is not suitable for heavy smokers, drinkers, and those who take drugs.
Benefits of PRP Treatment
Benefits of PRP therapy include:
- Very minimal side effect i.e; soreness and redness of skin for a day.
- Very less recovery time.
- The treatment process is quick and is usually over within 60 mins to 90 mins.
Cost of PRP therapy in India
The cost of PRP therapy vary depending on the lab equipment. Generally it is between Rs. 4,500 to Rs. 30,000.
To know more about PRP hair treatment, click here
Book an Appointment
Hair Transplant Cinic, Hair Fall Treatment, Hair Loss Women, Men Baldness, Hair Transplant Cost, PRP Therapy, FUE, Body Hair Transplant, Beard & Moustache, Eyebrow & Eyelashes, Laser Hair Reduction/ removal, Photo Facial, Acne & Scars, Stretch Marks, Warts, Tattoo, Moles & Freckles Removal, Botox And Fillers, Chemical Peel, NBUVW, Face Lift and Skin Tightening, Tummy Tuck, Breast Reduction And Enlargement, Eyelid Surgery, Vitiligo And Psoriasis, Microdermabrasion, Nail Disease, Gurgaon, Delhi/NCR, India