All you need to know about PRP
What is PRP Therapy?
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is also called autologous conditioned plasma. It is a treatment in which platelet-rich plasma protein is taken from the entire human body. This protein is then concentrated to eliminate red blood cells (RBCs) from the blood. So, there are three steps in the PRP process. First, a person’s blood is drawn, then processed and finally injected into the scalp of the head. PRP is now a very common practice in the treatment of hair loss. Hair loss or Baldness refers to a loss of hair from the head or any other part of the body. Scientifically it is called alopecia. Hair loss is caused by many factors like heredity, nutritional deficiencies, stress, anemia, and certain medical problems. The head region is the major area where hair loss happens. But now with PRP, the problem of hair loss can be treated. Since PRP uses an injection of concentration of patient’s platelets, it helps in speeding up the healing process of injured muscles, tendons, joints and ligaments. It also aids in growing new and healthy cells. Also, the repairing mechanism of ruptured tissues is enhanced as the PRP contains different types of proteins. Once the PRP therapy is done, immediate results are not visible. It may take several weeks or months when hair re-growth at the injection site is noticeable. The recovery time in this therapy is very less and the patient can continue with their daily routine within three-four days after the therapy.
PRP Therapy Process
As mentioned earlier, Platelet-rich plasma therapy is a three-fold process. The complete process may involve more than one session. It usually takes around five to six weeks to complete. Also, the follow-up maintenance procedures are required in every 4-5 months. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
• Step I: The first step is to generate PRP. For this, a medical doctor will take the blood sample and place it into a centrifuge machine. The machine spins swiftly separating different components of varying densities from the blood. This separation process takes about 10-20 minutes.
• Step II: After centrifugation of the blood, it gets separated into three distinct layers viz. platelet-poor plasma, platelet-rich plasma, and the red blood cells (RBCs).
• Step III: The layer that contains platelet-rich plasma is extracted. It is done with the help of a syringe. This plasma is now ready for injection into the affected area. Further, injections are pierced on the scalp approximately at around every half inch over the area of thinning hair. This entire procedure takes around 30 to 45 minutes. The doctors generally use imaging techniques like ultrasound to pinpoint specific areas for injection.
PRP for Hair Loss side effects
PRP treatment at Square root is very convenient and effective. Since PRP is autologous meaning it contains something that is taken from one’s own body. This considerably reduces the risk of an allergic reaction that may otherwise occur from the injection of some foreign bodies. However, PRP therapy involves the injection of a substance into the skin which may have a few negative effects or complications:
• During injection, the blood vessels or nerves may get injured. This may lead to nerve injuries.
• The injection area can cause immense pain. The pain can be excruciating at times. Medications are then given in such cases.
• In case the pieces of equipment are not sterilized, there might occur cross-contamination between people. There may be immune reactions later on.
• There may occur negative reactions to the anesthetic used in the therapy
But the expert team at Square root is trained and experienced enough to avoid these side effects. The staff, including the doctors, take full care while doing PRP. All the equipment is sterilized and there are no chances of infection. The emphasis of Square root is to keep the procedure with no complications or side effects.
How much does PRP for Hair Loss cost?
According to some studies, typical PRP injections can a bit expensive. Generally, the cost may vary depending upon many factors. These factors are location, quality of the equipment, facilities and also, the expertise and qualification of the doctor who is willing to undertake the case. The entire therapy takes a 4-6 week time span for completion. Also, maintenance treatments are required every 4-5 months. The PRP treatment is not covered by medical insurance as it is not very popular among the masses and little evidence of its success is available.
What are the benefits?
PRP therapy stimulates natural hair growth and maintains it by enhancing the blood supply to the hair follicle. It also promotes healing The PRP injections targets many problems. They include:
• Hair loss: The PRP injections have proven effective especially when it comes to treating androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness.
• Postsurgical Healing: PRP therapy helps in healing the incision area after the surgery.
• Tendon repair: PRP helps in healing the tendons and ligaments where injury has been caused.
• Injuries: PRP is very effective at the time of healing of ruptured tissues and muscles.
• Osteoarthritis: PRP helps reduce the inflammation caused by osteoarthritis. This prevents the joints from becoming painful and stiff.
Besides targeting these problems there are numerous other benefits of PRP therapy. They include:
• It is an effective method to reverse baldness and restore natural hair.
• The therapy has long-lasting results.
• It helps increase the thickness of the hair shaft
• Compared to laser therapy or mesotherapy, the PRP technique gives better results.
• It is an internationally recognized treatment method.
• The therapy is completely safe and there are no chances of infection or allergy as it uses patients' blood for injection.
• The therapy is performed by medical professionals and experts.
• It is a natural and non-surgical form of hair loss treatment.
• It decreases hair fall and also thickens the fine miniaturized hair.
• If the patient has a hair thinning problem, PRP will work the best in such a case.
If you are suffering from hair fall and lose your confidence then square root clinic which provide the best prp treatment in gurgon is provide you the satisfactory solution for same
Book an Appointment
Hair Transplant Cinic, Hair Fall Treatment, Hair Loss Women, Men Baldness, Hair Transplant Cost, PRP Therapy, FUE, Body Hair Transplant, Beard & Moustache, Eyebrow & Eyelashes, Laser Hair Reduction/ removal, Photo Facial, Acne & Scars, Stretch Marks, Warts, Tattoo, Moles & Freckles Removal, Botox And Fillers, Chemical Peel, NBUVW, Face Lift and Skin Tightening, Tummy Tuck, Breast Reduction And Enlargement, Eyelid Surgery, Vitiligo And Psoriasis, Microdermabrasion, Nail Disease, Gurgaon, Delhi/NCR, India